Mohammad Meslet Al-Otaibi (MMA) is the founder and chairman of MMA Law, he commenced his practical life through being a businessman and a CEO for on of the listed company in Kuwait Stocks Market, with a unique blend of practical and legal experience spanning two decades across sectors such as oil & gas, construction, food, and IT, MMA brings extensive and diverse knowledge to the firm. His journey even includes serving as the executive director for a company listed on the Kuwait Stock Market.
Driven by a vision to transform the legal landscape in Kuwait, MMA Law was established out of his aspiration to offer top-tier legal advisory services to both international and national companies. The firm's approach is rooted in leveraging the latest technology and digital transformation in legal services and contract management, coupled with the expertise of international consultants to provide comprehensive claims preparation, management, and settlement solutions, particularly in the oil & gas and construction sectors.
MMA's strategic legal advisory services ensure seamless business operations, enabling clients to adhere to their business plans without interruption, ensuring their continuity and expansion in Kuwait.
Area of Expertise
- Oil and Gas Sector Laws and Regulations.
- Public Private Partnership Laws and Regulations.
- Public Tenders Laws and Regulations.
- Foreign Direct Investment Laws.
- Digital Transformation Regulations.
- Commercial and Companies Laws.
- High-Value Project Management.
- Strategic Legal Business Advisory Services.
- Capital Markets Laws and Regulations.
- Anti-Money Laundering Laws.
- Administrative and Commercial Litigation.
- Disputes Amicable Settlement.
- Delivered strategic legal advice to one of Saudi Arabia's largest private companies in the Oil & Gas sector, facilitating their planned expansion into Kuwait.
- Successfully defended an international oil and gas contractor in a litigation involving a claim of USD 135 million brought by a subcontractor.
- Provided strategic legal advice to one of the world's leading food industry companies aiming to operate in Kuwait, leading to them securing a significant share of the local market.
- Successfully guided and managed the procedures of a public tender in the IT sector, with a transaction value of USD 12 million.
- Successfully advised and managed an amicable settlement of a dispute between an international contractor and the largest governmental oil company in Kuwait, involving a claim amount of USD 35 million.
- Represented a subcontractor in successfully nullifying the arbitration clause in a high-value construction contract concluded with one of the largest international contractors in the oil sector.
- Bachelor of Law, Kingdom of Bahrain
- MMA has arranged several workshops with reputable international consultants on the recovery process for embezzled public funds. He has been a speaker at workshops organized by the Kuwait Layers Society on public fund protection and participated in various legal events held by investment authorities in Kuwait. In recognition of his expertise, the international Justinian Lawyers Association has selected him as the sole representative from Kuwait.